Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 08:03:21 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 13:33:08 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

How many kids then were pushed along in buggies along congested roads with cars and lorries spewing out all sorts of crap, 100 years ago there weren't many cars on the road or buses or lorries. So little CO far less CO2 and virtually no nitrous oxide or platinium from catolitic converters.

On the other hand, there were lots of coal fires and smogs in towns and cities.
Sulphur dioxide.

But does that cause asthma ?

Exposure to various irritants and substances that trigger allergies (allergens) can trigger signs and symptoms of asthma. Asthma triggers are different from person to person and can include: Airborne substances, such as pollen, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste

Hard to prove what causes what.

Not really but if yuo say coal dust causes asthma, I think that can be proved wrong. asthma is generaly caused by biological things rather than radiation or asbestos which has it's own symptoms.

Catalytic converters you mean.
The problem is they also produce ammonia and hydrogen sulphide.

which I don;t think cause asthma but cause other lung problems that might lok like asthma and have similar sysmtoms.
Ypu can;t always tell without the details and I don;lt think the early 1900s recorded many details on asthma.