Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Paging Leon and Other Domino Users!

The joy of woodworking left me a long, long time ago. I stupidly took the only hobby I had and decided to make a living at it since as we have all heard, "if you find something you like to do to make a living you never go to work a day in your life."

For me, it's all about time, dollars, and logistics. I turn out the best product I can within reason so that I will keep my referral business strong.

That being said, I've had the privilege of going through Leon's shop as well as being able to study his projects and fine woodworking close up. Even though I don't need the damn thing, I felt like I needed to run out and buy a Domino machine after all the great things I saw Leon do with it. I tried every way I could to justify buying one, but my type woodwork just doesn't merit the purchase.

If I built fixtures, cabinets, furniture, or any type of mix of the three on a regular basis I would certainly buy one. After seeing what Leon has done with his machine, it makes me realize that most of the folks that I know that use them or the ones in my personal circle that have them, actually use the tool to about 10% of its use. It doesn't do just great joinery, Leon has found ways to display decorative elements using the Dominos that are pretty unique.

I think he has earned his money back on that tool many times over as it is now an integral part of his design system when planning projects.

Robert