Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Don't scrap that diesel car just yet!!

On Wed, 02 May 2018 20:31:21 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 30/04/2018 22:48, Steve Walker wrote:

It is. I learned and continue to use engine braking and changing down
through the gears when approaching junctions. I had problems trying not
to do this when training as an instructor (I never taught, as just as I
completed training, the jobs market in Engineering picked up again).

And they are never learnt how to drive without a clutch.

One of the first things I taught myself. I once had an old Morris 1100
and the clutch system failed somewhere north of Braintree. I got it all
the way back to Canterbury with the clutch permanently engaged. That
included throwing the money at the guy in the toll booth at the Dartford
Tunnel, without stopping...