Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Paging Leon and Other Domino Users!

On 5/2/18 3:00 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 10:54:24 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

The question I need answered before I ever consider forking over a
$GRAND$ for a uni-tasking tenon cutter is, are the results
perfect?

Not to be nit picky, but just in case anyone is reading this who does
not understand what the Domino machine is. The Domino cuts MORTISES.
It DOES NOT cut the tenons. You buy the premade loose tenons and
slide into the MORTISES that the Domino cut. Or you could make your
own loose tenons with a table saw, router bit and planer. The Domino
is used for joinery by cutting mortises in every piece of wood you
want to join together. And then you join the wood pieces together by
putting loose tenons into all the mortises cut by the Domino.

Not nit-picky at all. That's a very important distinction.
Very busy and tedious day, yesterday, and I posted that quickly, after a
couple of beers to relax. :-)

Thanks for the clarification-- there *is* a big difference.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--