Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The trouble with being DIY Minded

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 21:25:55 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
T i m wrote

Ever since I taught our daughter how to decorate she see's everone's
bad tiling, slipshod wallpapering and slapdash cutting in ... some to
a laughable degree. There is 'the right way' (as in result at least)
and all the other ways.

Ever since I built my own house from scratch on a bare block
of land I notice bad brickwork on TV series etc. You poms have
some of the worst brickwork I have ever seen, you don't see
anything like such bad walls here for some reason.

One reason could be ... how old is your brickwork considering you built
it.

I wasnt talking about my brick work, I was talking about the brick work
I see everywhere. I started noticing the bad examples after I built the
house.

My place was built around 1910 I think, I wasn't there at the time.
We alls have a wide range of weather conditions which takes it's toll on
buildings and walls.

I wasnt talking about its current state, basic stuff like the bricklayer
not bothering to mix up the bricks before laying them so you get
great patches of the wall that are obviously a different batch etc.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85dvelxyvs...ding1.png?dl=0