Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Rental company wants details.

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 02 May 2018 14:11:39 +0000, None
wrote:

On Wed, 02 May 2018 09:53:19 -0400, micky
wrote:

For the first time renting a car, I damaged it. Just scuffed the paint

I didn't mean this was the first time I rented a car, just the first
time I damaged one.

on a front corner (thought probably would have dented it if it weren't
made of plastic).

When I returned it, the employee asked for details of how it happened.
Is this typical?

Even after I told him I hit a post and no other car was involved? Even
though the post is 6" thick and I didn't damage it either?

Yes, it is appropriate to fill out an accident report. It will likely

Good to know. It surprised me.

cost the company several hundred dollars to repair the damage.

If you didn't purchase the insurance from the rental company, you can
expect to be contacted about this. Hopefully you have current
automotive insurance that covers damage to rental vehicles.

Well, no it doesn't, because it doesn't cover damage to my own car
either.

I bought the $500 deductible collision insurance, which I think they
insist on unless you have a letter from your own insurance company or
credit card company saying you are covered with rental cars.

But they charged me only $105 for the repair.