Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

On 02/05/2018 11:09, Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/18 09:28, Nightjar wrote:
Asthma is certainly something that I don't recall anybody I knew as a
child having, which I doubt would be the case today.

At least 4 people in my class at primary school had it and 3-4 in my
secondary school, as did I.

We didnt advertise the fact tho.

They tend to grow out of it. The point is, how many of the
14,500 centenarians had serious illnesses or accidents during
their lives before the nanny state NHS ?. These are the ones
who inherited a good set of genes and a fair dose of lady luck.

Isn't that the whole point?
They developed immunity as a result of exposure to stuff that modern
children aren't exposed to. Their immune system learnt to attack the bad
stuff rather than the person so they haven't developed as many illnesses
caused by faulty immune systems. I wonder how they are with arthritis as
that is frequently caused by an over zealous immune system.