George E. Cawthon

Default multimeter

I just checked my old Micronta which is a 22-204. It has aa
batteries and a 9v battery (it's so old they called them
penlight batteries). Like someone else suggest get the
30756 from Harbor Freight on sale now for $4 which uses one
9V battery included. I've used mine for about 2 years and
use it all the time but haven't taken the Micronta out of
the box for almost 2 years until tonight. Heck, the HF is
cheaper than the batteries you should put in the Micronta.
Don't use anything but copper tops or energizer type
batteries in such test equipment as they hold a charge just
sitting for much longer than regular or heavy duty
batteries. I often forget and leave my HD meter on,
sometimes for a day or two, but recently changed the 9v
battery because the readings appeared erroneous and rather
erratic. What surprised me was that the 9V battery read
only 6.5 volts but the display was lit ok.

Patt wrote:

I don`t know if this falls into this newsgroup, anyway here is the problem.
My multimeter, a Micronta 22-174b takes 6 AA batteries. Is there some kind
of battery pack I could use instead of all those batteries? I don`t use it
a lot, so am not sure if the batteries are always fresh. Thanks.
Patt.