Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Lucas control box problem?

On 02/05/2018 07:35, Graeme wrote:
In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes

A very low wattage 12v bulb, such as a 2.2watt warning light bulb, can
be connected between the battery and a removed battery cable (in
series) to show any discharge when parked. If it lights, something is
trying to draw current.

Excellent idea, and I do have a good supply of low wattage 12v MES
bulbs, as used in older cars and 'wireless' illuminated dials.

Occurred to me last night that I should remove the translucent cover
from the interior light, which I said was off - it could be glowing
slightly.

Don't suppose one of your newly-working door-switches could be 'leaky'?
(as in presenting a small resistance even when in the 'off' position)

Accumulated crud, damp, etc would cause that.
Removing the bulb from the interior light and leaving the car overnight
would confirm this.

I ran a Moggy Traveller for a few years. Lovely little car, not a lot to
go wrong - 'twas the soggy, salt-laden, West Cork atmosphere that
finally did for the woodwork....