Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Glueing a toilet roll holder to a tiled bathroom wall

On 01/05/2018 17:44, Another Dave wrote:
Basically as per title. Brand new smooth tiles. I've seen toilet roll
holders which come with glue-on fittings but is there a way to glue an
ordinary holder?

Another Dave

I haven't had much success with stick on bathroom accessories except
this toilet roll holder. Mine cane with a 3M branded thin foam double
sided sticky pad which covers the total areas of the wall mounting. Make
sure the tile is perfectly clean and don't position over a grout line.

My toilet roll holder has been firmly stuck to a tile since the end of 2015.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polished-...AOSw9OFZIqj D

or

https://tinyurl.com/y9vvkp87

My installation
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/roll/

If gluing to tiles make sure that the item has a substantial flat
surface to mate to the tile. Consider using thin double sided foam tape
designed for fitting trim to cars.

I've found the follpwing tape to be quite good for other projects
https://tinyurl.com/y7hj7nm4
(no association with the seller)