Gini

Default Bosch dishwashers

"Joe" wrote in message
news:uOLEb.594249$HS4.4358987@attbi_s01...
One of the things I like about our Bosch is the fact that it has a

strainer
instead of a food grinder. Think about it -- what would happen to your
grinder if a piece of plate or a glass broke and fell into your grinder?
You probably would have a big repair bill on your hands.

==
Exactly--This is my pet peeve with dealers who claim that the lack of a
grinder and having to
empty a filter is a negative for the Bosch dishwasher. However, units with
grinders are
not only noisey, they eventually clog and re-deposit particles on the
dishes. Having a filter
that can be manually emptied is good design for utility and noise reduction.
==
We always scrape
our plates off before putting them into the dishwasher.
My 2 cents worth.

"sd" wrote in message
In article ,
Thomas A Bruno wrote:

Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

Nope. Ours most typically caught labels from jars we were washing.
Apparently the glue on the jar is water-soluble, but the paper is not.
We probably cleaned the filter every 6-8 weeks. No biggie.

sd