Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Smart Meter Economy 7

On 01/05/2018 12:10, wrote:
Im an Ovo customer using a smart meter apparently the meters fitted are gmt not bst and it would appears that the smart meter cannot change between winter and summer time , hence during bst the economy comes in at 1.15am in my case until 8.15 although the later time Ive not checked as spent the beginning of the night checking.so was asleep at 8.15 . The meter was only fitted on the 5 th April so Ive to wait until the 17th May for it to settle, so Im told , quite honestly for me I dont consider this SMART meter meter very smart

Traditional Economy 7 using electromechanical time-switches doesn't
adjust between GMT and BST as there's no point, though your times do
seem to be a bit off. When I had Economy 7 it was from 2330 to 0630 GMT
or so, and 0030 to 0730 BST, though they're not supposed to switch
everyone at the same time as that would upset the loading as people's
storage heaters and off-peak immersion heaters cut in and out. I don't
know whether they did this deliberately or just allowed the times to drift.

I suggest you make use of the odd times by using your washing machine or
cooking stuff in the oven before 0815, getting stuff ready the night before.

--
Max Demian