Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Lucas control box problem?

Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

I would definitely put an ammeter in the +ve battery circuit with
everything 'off' and see.

OK, sounds sensible. I do have ammeter and volt meter, standard car 2
inch jobs, although neither are fitted to the car.

I haven't done any formal testing as yet, but am trying to be logical.
When parked, I can see that the lights, including interior light, are
off. No boot light or anything like that, yet I agree, it sounds just
like an interior light fault.

Strangely, the courtesy lights were not working until a week or so ago,

Hmm, battery €śsuddenly losing charge€ť. €śCourtesy lights were not working
until a week ago€ť...

Seems to me your fault isnt too far away...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls