Jim Yanik

Default multimeter

"Patt" wrote in news:Y_KEb.759447$9l5.268895@pd7tw2no:

I don`t know if this falls into this newsgroup, anyway here is the
problem. My multimeter, a Micronta 22-174b takes 6 AA batteries. Is
there some kind of battery pack I could use instead of all those
batteries? I don`t use it a lot, so am not sure if the batteries are
always fresh. Thanks. Patt.

Buy alkaline batteries,they have a long shelf life.
Yours sounds like an older analog multimeter.The newer digital DMMs use 9V
batteries,and they use very little power,even on OHMS. Harbor Freight has
DMMs on sale every so often for $5.00 US.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net