Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Timber shaping

Chris J Dixon Wrote in message:
John Rumm wrote:

I did not use the pilot at all. I just made a quick "fence" with a off
cut of MDF as a base and a couple of battens glued to it:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...nercut_jig.jpg

Clamped that to the drill table, and offered the wood into the "corner"
and clamped it. The position set such that it bit a perfect quarter
circle out of the corner.

I can now report complete success with the hole cutting.

This is the holesaw I went with in the end:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AWFCOBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I set up a jig, much like yours, and didn't use the pilot drill.

As I couldn't quite get right through because of the saw depth,
and also the feed limit on my drill, I reckoned that I would get
better registration if I removed the cut material, and re-clamped
the workpiece on a packer, continuing from the same side. It
worked a treat.

The only problem was slight belt slippage on my Aldi drill press,
but this is probably the greatest test it will meet.

To complete the record, I decided that a good jigsaw with blades
was going to cost me as much as the corner brackets, so I bought
them.

Thanks again for the helpful advice

How will you preserve them now you've cut chunks out?
--
Jim K