Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All I wanted was an overdraft...

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 30 April 2018 13:42:08 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Ah - right. Spending 2 quid to get 50p back is classified as a win. No
wonder I don't gamble. ;-)

No as I don't mind giving money to charity either. I really don't
expect to win either, I donlt expect to win when I donate £10 a
month to the RSPCA or oither charities I give to.

You are equating bookies to a charity? Sounds like denial to me. ;-)

I've only once ever used a bookies and it was when I was at school my
nan asked me what horse I'd like to bet 50p on (she'd pay, was that
gambling). I bet on the grand national on a horse called sleeping
partner (because she woke me up to ask) and I won a couple of quid I
think I was about 8 or so. I've never betted on a horse since or been
intoi a bookies.

Thought you liked online gaming? Who do you think owns those sites?

I do have some £1 premium bonds is that gambling too. ?

A form of gambling - but at least you don't lose 2 quid to win 50p which
you think is a win. ;-) But then any form of investing money is a gamble
to some extent.

If I walk home and there's a thunderstorm is that gambling with my life
as more people die from lightning strikes than win the jackpot.

Yet you still hope to win the jackpot. ;-)

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.