Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Speeding up a stairlift

On 04/29/2018 03:46 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 21:51:59 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 29/04/2018 21:52, Roger Mills wrote:
On 29/04/2018 19:52, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Every old person I know with a stairlift is ****ed off at how slow they
go. Does anyone have experience of making these things go a bit faster?
I mean picture an old person trying to get downstairs to answer the
doorbell, shouting "just a minute!" or more precisely "just an hour!"

I know they don't want to be going so fast as they'd fall off, but the
things have ****ing seatbelts on them anyway! There'd be no harm in
making them go walking speed, with a gradual start.

A 'GT' model would certainly be useful to many people I know. At least
they'd then have a fighting chance of getting to the top of the stairs
before they forget what they've gone up there for.

Gremlins are needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK30R1gsgGk

ROTFPMSL!

Except in the UK, those pigs would have locked her up for speeding
across a public highway. Did you know they actually go after old people
going 8mph on the pavement on mobility scooters? Apparently you can
only go 4mph on the pavement, with an 8mph (like that's really really
fast) scooter you must use the road, while trying to avoid 30mph cars.

Do you have to run in the road too?