Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 3D Printer Recommendation?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 19:06:44 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 29/04/2018 18:04, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:03:26 +0100, Nightjar

They are all the same range of products to the customer.

An uninformed customer possibly. Would you also have to explain the
difference between an original and a reprint of a picture?

Well-informed customers are a joy to deal with.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, not all
of them are. Last week I had to explain the difference between a 6" pipe
and a 3" pipe, to discover eventually that the customer wanted a product
for a 4" pipe.

Hehe. Or the people who turn up to look at the 'Red car' you
advertised to only turn it down because they really wanted blue? ;-(

Not a problem
for a one off master, but not desirable if somebody wants to buy several
of them.

Indeed, and hence why such 3D printers aren't used for mass production
and why they are probably not the right tool for your considered use.

They are certainly not the best tool, but, as I no longer have an
engineering workshop to call upon, I need to look at what I can fit in a
corner of my office.

But it doesn't matter if a 3D printer will fit does it if it doesn't
cut the mustard?

Cheers, T i m