Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Speeding up a stairlift

On 29/04/2018 19:52, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Every old person I know with a stairlift is ****ed off at how slow they
go. Does anyone have experience of making these things go a bit faster?
I mean picture an old person trying to get downstairs to answer the
doorbell, shouting "just a minute!" or more precisely "just an hour!"

I know they don't want to be going so fast as they'd fall off, but the
things have ****ing seatbelts on them anyway! There'd be no harm in
making them go walking speed, with a gradual start.

A 'GT' model would certainly be useful to many people I know. At least
they'd then have a fighting chance of getting to the top of the stairs
before they forget what they've gone up there for.
--
Cheers,
Roger