Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Builders and electrics PT2

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 09:19:20 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 28/04/2018 21:22, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 06:19:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote
in
message ...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:06:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 27/04/2018 21:43, Fredxx wrote:
On 27/04/2018 12:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/04/2018 01:47, Fredxx wrote:

8

Good grief. I'd expect a transformer like that to have a
thermal
fuse
inside the winding which would rupture long before the
transformer
overheated.

That was my thought, and I thought there was a requirement for
one.
If
not there ought to be.

The EU requires one but don't worry when we leave we can go back
not
having them.

Only an idiot Remoaner would contemplate such.

Lievers are the ones that say we are going to make cheaper stuff,
how
are
we going to do that without ignoring safety?

By only doing the stuff that matters safety wise
and not all the other bull**** the EU also requires.

Perhaps you would care to be specific?

Most obviously with shutting down coal fired power
generation, the maximum power of vacuum cleaners etc.

I was at Longannet when they were putting the failed sulphur capture
systems in. The coal fired stations need phasing out, nothing wrong
there.

Apart from global warming sulphur dioxide plus rain = acid.

I too wasn't impressed by the EU poking it's nose into vacuum's. I
bought a miele 2kW in Ireland just before the ban. I would swear by
it, it's a fantastic cleaner and probably at the limits of useful
power as it sticks to the floor at full whack.

Brexiteers fail to understand that advances require a push.

Not by unelected bureaucrats that don't have
a ****ing clue about anything at all, it doesn't.

Vacuums were stagnating and just produced more noise and heat than they
do
now.

Bull****. My Ryobi 2KW wet and dry does a
hell of a lot better job than what it replaced.

The Sebo 1400W one I bought 6 years ago was just as powerful as the 2kW
ones.

Bull****.

I found exactly the same thing.

You proved that you didn't in the next para.

Actually the 1.4kW has a smaller suction opening on the floor
cleaning tool, so the thing has far mure suction than my 2kW

But is less powerful because it can't suck up so much
at once, most obviously in wet mode and when being
used with tools like when chasing walls etc etc etc.

The difference was better design.

The consumers should be free to buy what they decide
performs better. No unelected bureaucrat should be able
to tell them what they can't buy with vacuum cleaners.

They are free to buy what rubbish they want now.

No they arent if they want a 2KW+ vac and are in the EU.

I would hazard a guess that for those that want
power there are 3 phase units available.

Useless when they don't have 3 phase power. Makes
a lot more sense to have a 2KW+ vac instead.

One has only to look at the number of "cordless"
vacs on the market to see how dim consumers are.

Irrelevant to whether it makes any sense at all to have
some unelected bureaucrat in Brussels telling them that
they can't buy one class of vacs if they are in the EU.

Idiots cannot simply be penalised for wastage by the
cost of power as there are a lot of people who struggle
to pay for even the basics such as heat & light.

Only a terminal ****wit would propose penalising those
who choose to buy what they buy consumer product wise.

If consumers don't behave responsibly and waste energy, then I
would happily vote for the EU if it stood for election in my town.

Yes, you have always been that terminal a ****wit. With complete freedom
of movement of even the dregs of the EU within the EU in spades.

Everything that I used to/ wished to buy that was banned under
EU regs seems to be available on Ebay anyway, apart from looking
up powerful vac's [when I bought my Karcher] and sodium chlorate,

Irrelevant to whether it makes any sense what so ever to allow some
unelected bureaucrat in Brussels to decide what you can and cannot buy.

I got to thinking, did some research and decided
that the "outlawed" items were a complete waste.

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit, most obviously with
paint, paint stripper, wood preservatives, vacuum cleaners,
pesticides, insecticides and a host of other stuff the EU bans.

These things affect others incidentally,
not just the consumer buying them.

Just as true of how many kids you have. Even you arent
actually stupid enough to propose allowing some unelected
bureaucrat in Brussels telling you how many you should have.

British designed vacs were cr@p by comparison.

Consumers should be free to buy
what they like with vacuum cleaners.

At least they are now competing.

In fact you can still buy the best performing vacs as long as you
arent in the EU and Britain will be able to once it leaves too.

You can buy them in Britain now.

No you can not.

Don't mistake power input for performance.

You wouldn't know what real performance with a
vacuum cleaner was if it bit you on your lard arse.

Buying 500W/h of power from your local power company merely to
wake your neighbours up in the morning is not improved performance.

None of my neighbours gets woken by my much noisier power tools,
let alone by the vacuum cleaner you clowns can't have in the EU.

I bought a Karcher WD3 Wet and dry, lower power [1400W],
that is just as powerful. Had the WD3 been going when I
bought the Miele, it would have been the preferred purchase.

The last vac I bought was 1200w and it is by far the best from
a suction point of view, but it is a Bosh GAS25 so it should.

Its just proof that reducing the power requirements hasn't stopped vacs
from performing but it has driven a lot of cr@p one off the market.

Irrelevant to whether some unelected bureaucrat should have
any say what so ever on what vacuum cleaner you can buy.

Someone needs to act with a common voice on these issues.

Bull****. And it makes no sense for it to be an unelected bureaucrat anyway.

The effect on one, two or even a few thousand consumers isn't great,

Isnt worth worrying about in fact with something
used as intermittently as a vacuum cleaner.

but when an entire continent acts it reduces the need for fossil fuels

The ban on some vacs doesn't do that.

and reduces stress on families and colleagues.

Or that either.

If Britain didn't like the imposition, then we do have MEP's.

Who have no capacity to do anything about what some
unelected bureaucrat chooses to impose on the EU.