Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Builders and electrics PT2

On 29/04/2018 09:40, dennis@home wrote:
On 29/04/2018 00:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 28/04/2018 22:57, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/04/2018 21:22, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 06:19:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp"
wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:06:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 27/04/2018 21:43, Fredxx wrote:
On 27/04/2018 12:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/04/2018 01:47, Fredxx wrote:

8

Good grief. I'd expect a transformer like that to have a
thermal
fuse
inside the winding which would rupture long before the
transformer
overheated.

That was my thought, and I thought there was a requirement
for one.
If
not there ought to be.

The EU requires one but don't worry when we leave we can go
back to
not
having them.

Only an idiot Remoaner would contemplate such.

Lievers are the ones that say we are going to make cheaper
stuff, how
are
we going to do that without ignoring safety?

By only doing the stuff that matters safety wise
and not all the other bull**** the EU also requires.

Perhaps you would care to be specific?

Most obviously with shutting down coal fired power
generation, the maximum power of vacuum cleaners etc.

I was at Longannet when they were putting the failed sulphur capture
systems in. The coal fired stations need phasing out, nothing wrong
there.

Apart from global warming sulphur dioxide plus rain = acid.

I too wasn't impressed by the EU poking it's nose into vacuum's. I
bought a miele 2kW in Ireland just before the ban. I would swear by
it, it's a fantastic cleaner and probably at the limits of useful
power as it sticks to the floor at full whack.

Brexiteers fail to understand that advances require a push.
Vacuums were stagnating and just produced more noise and heat than
they do now.

Not at all. Many suggested using measures that promoted efficiency
such as air-watts, where the rest of the power can be explained as
waste heat. Many vacuum cleaners don't consume the quoted power in the
first place. Without any other measure of real suction, power is all
the consumer has to go by.

That is yet another brexiteer lie

No, its a Remoaner being in denial.

, the rules also increased the required
level of efficiency to pass the tests. That is for the brexiteers.. they
had to use less power and suck better.

No its a rmeoaner denial that Brexiters were right in the first place.

The EU hasn't made things any better.

A nice bold statement there

Quite

snip