Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Trailer. Hub or stud centric wheels?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 16:21:21 +1000, FMurtz
wrote:

snip

When I built a trailer I fitted hubs that were the same as the car,then
I could use the car spare or swap the tyres round any which way.

As did I. Unfortunately, whilst I still have (and use) the trailer,
I've long since sold my Morris Minor van and so found that even
finding tyres to suit the trailer isn't that easy (as in range of
manufacturers and so good price / model choice).

It's not that easy to get the tyres I want for the Kitcar. When we
built it 30 years ago it was a fairly common size (185/80/14) and so
we were even able to get the choice of several off road / M&S type
patterns, even in remoulds. The tyres we have now are still M&S but
nothing like the sort of aggressive look that really suits the vehicle
design.

Cheers, T i m