Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Builders and electrics PT2

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote
Rod Speed wrote
dennis@home wrote
On 27/04/2018 21:43, Fredxx wrote:
On 27/04/2018 12:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/04/2018 01:47, Fredxx wrote:

8

Good grief. I'd expect a transformer like that to have a thermal
fuse
inside the winding which would rupture long before the transformer
overheated.

That was my thought, and I thought there was a requirement for one.
If
not there ought to be.

The EU requires one but don't worry when we leave we can go back to
not
having them.

Only an idiot Remoaner would contemplate such.

Lievers are the ones that say we are going to make cheaper stuff, how
are
we going to do that without ignoring safety?

By only doing the stuff that matters safety wise
and not all the other bull**** the EU also requires.

Perhaps you would care to be specific?

Most obviously with shutting down coal fired power
generation, the maximum power of vacuum cleaners etc.

I was at Longannet when they were putting
the failed sulphur capture systems in.

None of ours have failed.

The coal fired stations need phasing out

Bull****.

nothing wrong there.

Everything wrong with the EU mandating that,

And completely stupid to stop using coal and use natural gas
instead for power generation when natural gas is much more
useful for other stuff like powering cars and heating houses.

Even more stupid the EU not doing anything when
the stupid krauts chose to shut down their nukes and
start burning lignite for power generation again.

Apart from global warming sulphur dioxide plus rain = acid.

Our coal doesn't have enough sulphur in it to matter.
You lot are welcome to keep importing that.

I too wasn't impressed by the EU poking it's nose into vacuum's.
I bought a miele 2kW in Ireland just before the ban. I would
swear by it, it's a fantastic cleaner and probably at the limits
of useful power as it sticks to the floor at full whack.

So its pure bull**** for the EU to have any
say on what vacs can be sold in the EU.

I bought a Karcher WD3 Wet and dry, lower power [1400W],
that is just as powerful. Had the WD3 been going when I
bought the Miele, it would have been the preferred purchase.

I've got a 2KW wet and dry Ryobi and it works very well indeed.

Hint, pesticides might be a current target for the
band of idiots wanting to bring back sovereignty.

Much more likely being able to be selective about
which EUians are allowed to move to Britain.

Of course prior to EU interference we could
happily feed dead sheep to cows couldn't we.

And they still eat horses.

No, horses cannot be fed to ruminants.

But are fine to feed to humans or what pretend to be human.

Basically if anyone wants to protect their
product range, there have to be rules.

That's not what the EU is about.

It's a common market,

It is in fact just another protectionist scam.

requiring common standards.

Not with what can be done with vacuum cleaners it isnt REQUIRED.
It worked fine for decades without any common standards for those.

Ditto in spades with the political system of the member countrys. You can't
even join the EU now without some semblance of a democratic system.

Everything revolves around that base.

Not anymore. The EU has moved way past that starting point now.

If you do not understand it you are not alone.

Nothing to 'understand' in that regard, it is in fact
just another power grab by unelected bureaucrats.

May and most of the Coservative party seem pretty clueless also.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

British might mean red tractors and currently healthy produce,
but all the same corner cutting penny pinching farmers are busy
stocking up on the growth hormones and chlorine come Brexit.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

No,

Yep.

we are not "cutting red tape" to improve quality that's for certain.

It isnt to shaft the consumers either,