Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Resetting service warning lights

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
On 28/04/2018 11:23, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/04/2018 10:47, Oliver wrote:
On 27/04/2018 20:42, Chris wrote:
If I go to a Volvo main dealer they'll take me to the cleaners for this
would imagine, based on previous experiences, so I'm determined to do
this myself if it's at all possible!

Has anyone ever had to turn off an SRS airbag fault tell-tale? There
might or might not be a genuine fault, but I don't care either way.
Being
of a certain age I just want the warning got rid of. The car is a 2008
Volvo V70 if that makes any difference.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/honestjohn/9750860/Quick-fix-for-faulty-airbag-light.html

Do you trust anyone that posts cr@p like this..

"A very useful tip, thank you. Before fiddling with the connector, you
need to leave the car switched off for half an hour to discharge any
residual current in the electrics. Otherwise, you might trigger the
airbag. "

Maybe someone wants to ask him what this residual electricity is and
where it goes after 30 minutes?

Have you ever heard of a capacitor?

None of those with enough voltage on them
to bite you in the airbag system of a car.