Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 58w utility room tube

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
dennis@home pretended :
I think I would have paid the extra £5 and bought a LED tube from
toolstation and just removed the ballast. You can just leave the ballast
in and use the shorting starter supplied but you don't need a ballast
with a led tube.

I wasn't convinced - The LED was only a little more than half the lumen
output of the 58w tube. Power economy was not a consideration, rather the
problem was tube life with all the on/offs. I have already swapped all of
the regularly in use lights over to LED and been happy with them, but this
wasn't a place where the consumption saving would be worthwhile. The £5
extra cost, would have needed many years to repay its investment.

Sure, but its only £5, are you that poor ?