Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Builders and electrics PT2

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
dennis@home used his keyboard to write :
Well if the EU made our laws we wouldn't be allowed to leave.
So our parliament makes the decisions not the EU. We either agree or not the
worst that can happen is we leave.

I don't really see how the EU could prevent us leaving, except by
force. We just stop paying the EU.

I doubt that the present incarnation of the EU could really be bothered to
attempt to stop the UK even if we had not gone down the negotiated path
that is happening,once all the posturing is over the German and French
equivalents of Harry will be celebrating at having got rid of a country
that was only halfhearted in its membership and wanting special treatment
most of the time.

If a more malevolent incarnation of the EU wanted to hurt Britain then not
much force would be needed.
Just close off the Ports in the Netherlands ,Belgium,France. Spain
,Portugal to shipping to and from the UK and like wise with European
airspace and that would include the Atlantic approaches under Irish Control
or if not actually close them just charge a lot.

That would upset those who got used to having cheap holidays in Spain etc.
At the moment those markets still want the Brits for economic reasons but
as the Eastern states improve economically Poles etc will take their place.

GH