Art Todesco

Default Bosch dishwashers

Older KitchenAid DWs didn't have a grinder .... they had a
rather large screen/filter and it had to be cleaned. Again,
it was no big deal, although we usually get rid of big food
chunks. We used to clean it when it looked bad, maybe once
every few months. I think eventually some of the larger
particles would soften from the hot water and soaps and then
pass through. I now have a KitchenAide with a grinder and I
really don't notice any difference, except that there is no
filter/screen in the new one. I think the Kitchenaid DWs have
gotten just average in quality. The older ones were great; I've
had Kitchenaids since 1971. I think if I ever have to replace
one, I might try Bosch or one of the other high end brands.

Thomas A Bruno wrote:
in article , Skeeter at
wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:

Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to take
the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability and
how I will be treated if it does break down.
Thanks

While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?

I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder to get
rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out from
time to time.

The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so quiet,
no food grinder.

Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?