CAStinneford

Default Bosch dishwashers

wrote:

Skeeter at

wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:

Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to

take
the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability

and
how I will be treated if it does break down.
Thanks

While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?

I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder to get
rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out from
time to time.

The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so quiet,
no food grinder.

Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

I've had my Bosch dishwasher for about five years now and have no complaints at
all. The basket strainer is no big deal but we've always scraped the dishes
before they go in. I clean out the strainer every month or so. Mine doesn't
have a heat/dry bar on the bottom but the dishes come out dry. The nice part
about no heater bar is that I can put plastics in the bottom level and they
don't melt.

My brother has had the same model dishwasher for at least four years now and is
just as happy with it.