DaveG

Default Electrical Subpanel

"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks to all for your input !
Ray

"Ray" wrote in message
I intend to run an underground feeder wire (approximately 150') from

my
home
service panel to a subpanel for a shop that I'm building in my back

yard.

The question is...do I have to get a special service panel to allow

for
the
connection of the new wire for the shop or can I just piggy back

(attach
the same terminals) the new wires to the existing service coming in ?

Thanks,
Ray

In addition to the suggestions already made, I believe the NEC would

require you to install a ground rod, and bond the neutral and ground bars in
your sub panel. Double check the exact NEC, though.

Dave