Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 58w utility room tube

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The options were - leave as is (the tube's heaters were being hammered,
by regular starting), change to an LED strip, or change the magnetic
ballast for an electronic one. When it is on, t is not on for long, so
no big advantage for LED. I decided on the latter option (E-Ballast)and
managed to find an electronic ballast for £7.60 delivered and fitted
yesterday.

That is certainly a low cost. The ones I have for my under cupboard
lighting in the kitchen are Osram, and cost several times that. But must
be about 20 years old now. And still the original tubes.

So if it is well made, should have a long life. Unlike LEDs which may
promise that, but not give it in practice. And of course the actual light
quality hasn't changed from what you're used to.

--
wife.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.