Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default 3D Printer Recommendation?

On 27/04/2018 21:20, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/04/2018 19:55, Nightjar wrote:

8

As I am running a business, I can't ignore design time, the capital
cost and depreciation of the equipment, general business overheads or
the like.

If you want to do lost wax stuff then you can get photosensitive resins
specifically to make the patterns. It burns off to virtually nothing
when you drop in the metal.

A suitable printer would start at about £600 and go upwards depending on
size, speed and automation requirements.

maybe something like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-Stock-...n/302712065732

but check the reviews.

Thank you for that. It is useful to know. Although, I would be getting a
foundry to make the parts, so if they do it that way, they would
probably only need the data.

Colin Bignell