Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp Proofing Garage Floor

On 27/04/18 13:44, Adam_B wrote:
I have a garage which is attached to the main house, this is being used
as a
utility room/storage. Recently I noticed hard black ball shapes coming from
the carpet, I looked into this and formed the opinion this was damp. I
pulled
up the carpet tiles and noticed that there was chipboard underneath
which was
damp and rotten, this chip board was placed directly on the main garage
floor.

I have recently pulled up the capets tiles and wooden chip board which was
directly on top of the concrete so that I just have the original floor.
I have been looking at how to damp proof this, I an happy having the
original
floor however on looking at various bits online do not know which was to
go.

Should I buy KA tanking slurry and a self level compound and paint this?

ShouldCan I/should I buy a paint which I can paint straight on the floor
which
also acts as a damp proof membrane such as

If you do that, I can recommend an epoxy that *will* work (because I
used it on a very damp floor):

F Ball Stopgap F76:

http://www.f-ball.com/en/datasheets/

Clean the subfloor (concrete)

Mix half and roller on (ceiling roller on long pole and wearing wellies
makes this easy.

Mix other half and roll on 2nd coat at 90 degrees to first coat.

You could probably get the same effect from an epoxy floor paint and
don't bother covering.