Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Electric SDS breaker drill

On 27/04/2018 08:32, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Vir Campestris
writes
On 25/04/2018 20:52, Tim Lamb wrote:
Â*Also consider a decent size sledge hammer. If you can lever up a bit
ofÂ* path so it is unsupported by soil, a modest whack will split it.

We've just had a guy in to remove the slab from our old garage. It was
a foot thick. He levered up the end with a JCB, then hit it with a
sledge. Then hit it again. And again.... he's darnn fit.

I was more thinking 3 -4" of unreinforced footpath.

What was the upshot of your garage floor?

He got it into bits small enough to load and take away.

In other news, today the BCO came and told us we can't start on the new
one until the ground water level has dropped enough that the foundation
trenches won't flood

Andy