Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default 3D Printer Recommendation?

On 27/04/2018 15:23, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:46:53 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip

More rubbish from whiskey I see.
He sure knows a lot about stuff he has never tried.

;-)

I think this obsession with resolution must be because people are
wanting to print tiny or high resolution items with the wrong tool.

It would be like trying to fix a watch with a hammer.

However, if you are printing 'appropriately sized' things and that
actually suit the *actual* finish needs of the job, many of even the
cheaper printers (these days) will do a perfectly good job....

My application would be making one off sizes of products that I rarely
get asked for and that I don't now sell, because they would not justify
the cost either of tooling or of holding a quantity in stock. Nobody is
going to be happy paying £100 or more for something that looks tatty, so
surface finish is important. One option I have considered is an
Ultimaker 3, which has dual nozzles. I don't yet know if it would work
that way, but I was thinking of using one fine nozzle for the outer
surfaces and a coarser nozzle to bulk fill between the outer layers.

Colin Bignell