Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam_B Adam_B is offline

Default Damp Proofing Garage Floor

I have a garage which is attached to the main house, this is being used as a
utility room/storage. Recently I noticed hard black ball shapes coming from
the carpet, I looked into this and formed the opinion this was damp. I pulled
up the carpet tiles and noticed that there was chipboard underneath which was
damp and rotten, this chip board was placed directly on the main garage floor.

I have recently pulled up the capets tiles and wooden chip board which was
directly on top of the concrete so that I just have the original floor.
I have been looking at how to damp proof this, I an happy having the original
floor however on looking at various bits online do not know which was to go.

Should I buy KA tanking slurry and a self level compound and paint this?

ShouldCan I/should I buy a paint which I can paint straight on the floor which
also acts as a damp proof membrane such as
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roofin ... fer/p33714

I have been looking into epoxy sealants which can be painted straight into the
concrete, however don't really know enough about this and if it will work.

Please help
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/e2
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/e3
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/e4