Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default All I wanted was an overdraft...

On 25/04/2018 23:22, TimW wrote:

Actually if you are getting into trouble Barclays and Lloyds will start
to increase your costs and rob you as fast as they can, knowing you
can't afford to pay it back.

I once went overdrawn with RBS and according to them for around £3 for 2
days and the penalties reached around £50.

It took a while to get this money back and to persuade them that I had a
"free" £200 overdraft facility on my account. The local branch refused
to acknowledge that my on-line bank statements for many years actually
stated that I had this facility and it had been automatically enabled.
They also refused to acknowledge that interest was paid on the account
even though the statements carried the word "interest account" and a
recent interest payment was shown in the statement.

I no longer bank with RBS. However there were other issues with them
such as issuing multiple replacement debit cards but voiding them before
I could use them.