Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All I wanted was an overdraft...

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
bert wrote:
I can afford a new car because I haven't spent 40 years of adulthood
buying new cars

Rather the same here. Never have bought a new car and doubt I ever will.

Haven't you? We've had 15 if you include my ex-demo Defender which had
10 miles on the clock and had never been out the showroom. If it weren't
for people like me there'd be no second hand cars for you to buy.

I very much doubt I'd be interested in the sort of cars you'd buy new.
Certainly not an agricultural vehicle like a Defender. But then I live in
London, not a farm.

But you own a BMW, one of the makes I have never bought as they are
absolute ****e.

I don't own a BMW.

Like driving around in a bath tub.

The last BMW I had was reckoned by most authorities to be the finest car
in its class when released. And for once I agreed with them.

But describing near any car as a 'bathtub' when you bought a vehicle
designed just after WW2 and never meant to be used as a car anyway says it
all.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.