Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Turned off main water valve, some water still running?

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 1:44:08 PM UTC-4, Lyn wrote:
replying to Eric Tonks, Lyn wrote:
I've the same problem - I've shut off the main water valve in the house, there
is no water coming from any other faucet but the bath tub on the main floor,
which is the one I want to replace. There is no water coming from the sink or
bathtub in the basement, so I don't think it's an issue where this faucet is
the lowest water outlet in the house. I can go ahead and replace the faucet,
but just wondering if there is something else wrong (ie, not sealing properly)
that I need to be worried about?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-497847-.htm

Try opening the dripping one, then open all the faucets at higher
levels. It could be water still trapped in upper pipes because
air can't get in. If so, water should run out, then stop.