Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Watch on left or right hand?

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
How much memory do you have and what percentage is in use in the task
manager when it's slow?

6 GB (increased from the 4 GB that it came with). CPU usage is around
90-100% when the PC slows down, even though after the initial high usage
after rebooting it normally stablises to about 10-20%. It's often simple
things like redrawing the screen when a window is moved, or when a
background window is clicked to bring it to the foreground.

What tasks are using the 100% CPU?

Often it's a generic process such as system or svchost, so nothing obvious
that points to a process that has been explicitly started by the user or
by one of the various auto-start-at-boot mechanisms such as
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run .

In my case its normally one of the browsers. I run all of IE, waterfox
and pale moon 24/7/365.25 with different browsers for different
stuff and they all eventually go pear shaped after some days. One
weather app that I only use when a storm is coming is particularly
bad at eventually killing pale moon and it kills the others even quicker.

Eventually even win 7 is the problem and I need a full reboot.