Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Looking for 2 part superglue

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:01:11 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message news

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Normal (one part) superglue cures itself as soon as it comes out of
the tube (I assume it reacts with the air) - you have to be damn
quick to join the two bits together.
No it does not cure in air.

Superglue is an anerobic adhesive and cures when air is removed by
fitting the two parts together.

Bob, it's always puzzled me why it doesn't set in the tube / bottle as
they are sealed from the air

It does set in the tube. At least after opening.

Did nobody think to google it? From Wikipedia:
"Because the presence of ****moisture**** causes the glue to set, exposure to normal levels of ****humidity in the air**** causes a thin skin to start to form within seconds,"

--
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips