Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why are motors not current limited?

On 04/25/2018 11:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 04:08:51 +0100, Bob wrote:

On 4/23/2018 11:18 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
One sepentine belt and tensioner -$150

Obviously you do your own repairs. Good for you but if you don't have
your own shop and a decent set of tools, the economics change
drastically.

Back when I used to have one of those ****ing engines that would
self-destruct when the timing belt broke, the cost to replace the belt
(parts and labor) was very near $900...and I could never find a
competent shop to do it cheaper. And the damn belts
had to be changed every 60,000 miles.

Are you saying snapped timing belts is no longer a problem? I thought
most modern engines hated a snapped belt (they're called "interference
engines").

My engine doesn't have a belt.