FK

Default wasps

Many thanks to all for your advice. I am going to burn the gas logs with
glass door closed and see what happens. Next step a pro.
Frank
"klm" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:21:43 GMT, AJScott
wrote:

Oh, one other thing: Yellowjackets get ****ed off really easily; the
whole nest can swarm-attack you or anyone else clueless enough to get
within 5-10 feet of the nest. Being wasps, they can sting repeatedly
(unlike bees, which are good for only one sting because their stingers
lodge into your flesh and yank their intestines out when they fly away),
which can send even a healthy person with no allergies into an
allergic-style shock and even death. Very small kids are especially
susceptible to this, if I recall right.

Wasps are nothing to screw with, plain and simple. Bite the bullet and
get yourself an exterminator. Or a Bobcat.

I believe you. In my case It was around late Sept. 2 yrs ago when I
got rid of them and our winter (below freezing point) lasts from late
Oct into late May. The yellow jackets never reappeared. I think the
queen and the grubs were starved out.

When I was a small kid a neighbour had a trading store with stacks of
sugar that were a magnet for honeybees. That's where I did my
badminton racket stuff. I must have wacked thousands just for the
hell of it and never got stung or even attacked because their death
was so sudden and total. I'm a tree hugger now and view my childhood
actions (the bees) as incorrect. There was no such thing as tree
hugging then.