Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:15:35 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Makes you wonder what ****wit invented fusewire.

Or even those who think all fusewire is the same.

The ones in plug fuses suck. You can melt a 4 way power strip before the 13A fuse blows. Just draw a steady 26A, like two heaters or tumble driers. Admittedly it didn't catch fire, but it could have set fire to something touching it.

--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds"