Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters

On Wednesday, 25 April 2018 19:00:38 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message
On Wednesday, 25 April 2018 16:32:15 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:

A friend has PLA printed a housing for his weather station sensor
electronics - this is mounted on a pole in the air exposed to all
weathers
and so far has lasted over 4 years unaffected. However I have heard from
an
acquaintance in Australia that PLA degrades in the high UV levels that
they
get there.

Dipping in clear spirit based varnish effectively seals PLA - don't use
water based (for this or anything else for that matter !!!!)

Andrew

why?

'coz it's useless

Andrew

I've got plenty of it doing its job no problem.