Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Watch on left or right hand?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
I do PC support for other people as a living, but all my standard
"tricks" have not made much improvement on my own PC: a PC with loads of
free memory shouldn't have times when it hammers the disk as if it's
swapping to page file and its CPU usage on system (ie not user-initiated)
tasks shoots up to nearly 100%. And that's before I try to do CPU-hungry
things like playing HD video.

Running which OS ?

Win 7.

AMD E-450 1.7 GHz CPU
6 GB RAM

HDD has about 2 GB free space and is defragmented

Avast (free) anti-virus

I've used MSCONFIG to disable all the Samsung-specific utilities that came
with it. and checked for anything else that gets started automatically to
make sure there's nothing unexpected or unwanted,