Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Any dehumidifier gurus out there?

Yes this works much like a fridge and hence if the coolant is gone you are
just pumping nothing. I doubt its possible to recharge the system in these,
though some up market ones can have the whole module replaced, probably not
worth it for a cheapy.
After all if you want to collect moisture you have to lower the temperature
of the air so the moisture is released.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim K" wrote in message
Lobster Wrote in message:
I've got a dehumidifier, a few years old now. Recently I've been
getting
the 'defrost' warning light on all the time, supposedly indicating that
either the ambient tempoerature is too low (it isn't) or that the air
filter is clogged (it isn't).

The fan and compressor run apparently normally, but the unit is no longer
collecting any significant amount of water. I've opened up the unit
while
running, and it's copper cooling coils feel about room temperature.

The model is a B&Q-branded WDH-610HA (see
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AFCMTXO)

Any ideas what's wrong, please, and if it's fixable?

Thanks

Link bust?

Whats it owe you?
If coils don't get cold its probly not worth repairing. Dump & buy new.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/