Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Watch on left or right hand?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:00:48 +0100, NY wrote:

"Johnny B Good" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:05:34 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

====snip====

I feel lost without a watch, even when I have my phone to hand. Plus I
can glance at it at any time, without having to retrieve it from my
pocket and turn screen on. Plus the battery is unlikely to go flat for
the next 18 months or so.

In my case, the next 120 months or so (assuming my watch lasts *another*
ten years). :-)

I don't think I've had a watch battery last *that* long. A few years, but
not ten. I was surprised that when I changed from a quartz analogue watch to
a digital one, the battery life wasn't much different. Evidently the
frictional losses in the mechanical movement of the hands are about the same
as the current needed to operate the LCD display, assuming that the
time-keeping part of the watch (quartz crystal oscillator) is the same in
both cases.

Try getting a decent watch that does things like thermometer, altimeter, barometer, then see how long the battery lasts.

--
What if there is air in space, and the government doesn't want us to escape?