Art Begun

Default Failing Fluorescent Fixtures

Home Depot and Lowes sells replacement ballasts but you need to know
what to buy and they are expensive. Also hooking them up is not fun
because the wires are usually too short. and you'll have to pigtail
them to the old wires.

Before replacing the ballast make sure it is wired tight. I started
taking one apart to replace the ballast and found a loose wire was the
culprit.

"William W. Plummer" wrote in
message news:HiiEb.390035$Dw6.1242677@attbi_s02...
Replace in order: bulbs, starter (be certain you match to bulb

wattage),
ballast. You probably can't get a replacement ballast, so you will

need to
replace the entire fixture.

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I have a fluorescent light fixture in my bathroom that won't fully
light up anymore. When I flick the switch, the bulbs come on to

about
30% full brightness. If I leave them on for a long time (maybe a

half
an hour), they eventually kick on to full brightness. Obviously

the
bulbs aren't burned out. What do I need to do in order to "see

the
light?"

Thanks.