Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Electric SDS breaker drill

On 24/04/2018 06:57, wrote:
Hi All.

I'm after a big SDS breaker for occasional concrete breaking. Probable infrequent use means that it is not really worth the expense of buying a premium machine (Bosch, Makita etc.). I am therefore tempted by the many and various 1700W to 3600W machines on eBay with neverheardofitbefore brands, all at around £100.

A lot of the eBay machines seem to get good feedback from users (performance, durability etc.). The one consistently reported downside is weight (20-odd Kg).

Any experience on here? Also, is more power likely to be the better option, or is 1700W plenty to break concrete, in most DIY scenarios?

Thanks.

Ant.

You *need* the weight, for a breaker. Are the premium machines really
lighter?