Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default TIP: avoiding dried up/blocked ink-jet carts

In article , says...

My mom didn't want one, so we forced a yard-sale microwave on her -- if
she didn't like it she could give or throw it away. She, of course,
loved it until it stopped working. Hubby took it apart and found a
dried mouse deep inside -- it must have gotten in during factory
assembly, there was no other way. He removed it and did something else,
and it worked fine.

My mom was an excellent cook for everyday southern meals. She never
wanted a MW. Dad bought her one for Christmas around 1980. After she
used it a few time, she would not give it up for warming things over.

After her and dad passed away out MW gave out after about 20 years, the
mechanical timer wore out. We got her old one and still use it.